Boost your LinkedIn Profile and stand out from the crowd
1. List all your experience and education in detail
2. List your Language Proficiencies – often recruiters will overlook you if you don’t list your language skills
3. Provide details and keywords so that your profile will come up in Recruiter Searches.
4. If you have expat experience, be sure it is highlighted in your profile. Often recruiters are looking for candidates that have experience working internationally
5. Update your profile title to reflect not only your current position, but noteworthy positions you have held in the past
6. Select your current location
7. Proofread, Proofread, Proofread! Do it yourself and then have a friend look it over. Trust us, it won’t be a waste of your time!
8. Ask past colleagues and superiors to provide you with an endorsement. This will make your profile stand out from the crowd.
9. If you are an active job seeker, don’t forget to turn on “Open To Opportunities.” Some recruiters actually use this within their search criteria
10. Finally, use a professional picture
Join the Cowan International LinkedIn Group today, to stay abreast on hot topics and job opportunities